Standing ovation as 200 students from Stephanie’s Royston school take to the big stage
- Credit: Archant
Students from the Royston-based Stephanie Prior School of Dancing took to the stage of Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre for a spectacular display of dance and musical theatre.
It was the second appearance on the big Stevenage stage for the school, which made a successful debut at the venue in 2013.
A total of 200 pupils were involved in matinee and evening performances which demonstrated the full repertoire of classes which are taught at the school.
More than 20 set-pieces in each half of the show gave students aged from as young as three to adult the chance to shine.
There was a capacity audience of 600 people at both shows with an impromptu standing ovation at the end of the afternoon performance.
You may also want to watch:
Principal choreographer and school owner Tara Prior said: “The shows were amazing.
“The unprecedented standing ovation was a well-earned display of gratitude to the students for a wonderful display of dance.
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 6 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 10 Amateur drama society takes online show to Welwyn Festival
“I was extremely pleased for the cast and very humbled by the experience.”
“Our school provides not only a unique opportunity for young people to learn a variety of dances and perform on stages like this, it helps them learn new skills, provide a sense of self-discipline and create a social environment where they can meet others from different backgrounds and abilities and share their experiences.”
You can find out more about the Lumen Road-based school online at www.stephaniepriordance.co.uk.