Stage Right students set for show
THE talents of students from the Royston-based Stage Right will be on display at the Cambridge Corn Exchange on Saturday. More than 300 students, who are aged from three-years-old to 73, will be involved in the show. They have been working on the performa
THE talents of students from the Royston-based Stage Right will be on display at the Cambridge Corn Exchange on Saturday.
More than 300 students, who are aged from three-years-old to 73, will be involved in the show.
They have been working on the performance for the past two terms.
The show will cover a variety of styles, from classical ballet and tap dancing, to jazz, lyrical, and street dance.
And there will parts of the show dedicated to singing and drama.
In recent years Stage Right has seen students continue training at such places as the London Studio Centre, the Italia Conti and the Australian Dance Performance Institute.
- 1 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 2 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 5 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 6 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 7 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 8 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 9 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 10 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
Students have been recently accepted for the Arts Educational School in Tring and the Sylvia Young Theatre School.
The school's street dance teacher Monica Dhinn, who has danced in music videos for Kylie Mingoue, Beverly Knight, The Arctic Monkeys, and Jamelia, will be performing, too, in the show.
She will also be performing on Sunday on Channel 4's The Nokia Green Room.
Stage Right students will be performing at 2pm and 6.30pm. Tickets will cost £10, £12.50 and £14.50.
For tickets call the Cambridge Corn Exchange box office on 01223 357 851.