Staff foil break-in attempt at Morrisons in Royston overnight
- Credit: Chloe Balcombe
Staff working late at a Royston supermarket foiled a break-in attempt when three men ram-raided the store in the early hours of this morning.
Police were called just after midnight to Morrisons in Baldock Street where the offenders had reversed a car into the main doors to get into the store.
Once inside a police spokesman said they unsuccesfully tried to break into the cigarette counter, before also failing to open a till.
Staff working in a back room heard a bang and ran up the stairs.
When they arrived on the shop floor the men fled in the car – it is thought the offenders were only in the store for about 30 seconds before fleeing.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident should call police on 101.
- 1 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 2 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 3 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 4 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 6 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 7 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 8 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
- 9 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 10 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event