Staff foil break-in attempt at Morrisons in Royston overnight
- Credit: Chloe Balcombe
Staff working late at a Royston supermarket foiled a break-in attempt when three men ram-raided the store in the early hours of this morning.
Police were called just after midnight to Morrisons in Baldock Street where the offenders had reversed a car into the main doors to get into the store.
Once inside a police spokesman said they unsuccesfully tried to break into the cigarette counter, before also failing to open a till.
Staff working in a back room heard a bang and ran up the stairs.
When they arrived on the shop floor the men fled in the car – it is thought the offenders were only in the store for about 30 seconds before fleeing.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident should call police on 101.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 7 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone