Royston school needs votes to help secure seaside sensory area funds
- Credit: Archant
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School in Royston needs your help with an exciting seaside-themed new project.
Staff are currently trying to obtain funding for an area at the side of the school to be transformed into an interesting sensory area for all their pupils – and need people to vote to get though to the next round.
Headteacher Julia Pearce said: “The children would like to create a seaside area, turning a shed into a beach hut, painting sea and beachscapes on the wall, planting long grasses and bamboos to create sand dunes and shingled beach area.
“This will provide the children with so many cross curricular opportunities for learning and their enthusiasm for learning will continue to grow.
“The children will be involved in improving this area from planning, through creating to using it. It will allow them to use many different skills and apply them to a variety of curriculum areas. It is exciting for children to be involved in all aspects of the sensory area and they have the most fantastic ideas.”
You may also want to watch:
They are applying for cash towards the project through the Aviva Community Fund, which is a grant for up to £10,000.
You can vote for free up to 10 times, but you have to register for an account then log in to vote. Only the projects with the most votes will go through to the next round where the judges decide how much each of the successful projects will receive. Voting closes on November 20.
If you would like to donate any money towards the sensory area, go to www.crowdfunder.co.uk/sensory-area.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 9 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
Mrs Pearce added: “Please share these links with your family and friends so we can help the children’s fantastic ideas become a reality, thank you in advance for your support.”