St John Ambulance honour for Pippa
A TEENAGER from Royston has been honoured at the St John Ambulance s annual awards ceremony. Pippa Martin, 16, received the Grand Prior – the highest recognition cadets can achieve with the St John Ambulance. She said: I m really pleased to have received
A TEENAGER from Royston has been honoured at the St John Ambulance's annual awards ceremony.
Pippa Martin, 16, received the Grand Prior - the highest recognition cadets can achieve with the St John Ambulance.
She said: "I'm really pleased to have received my Grand Prior and feel proud to have been a part of the ceremony.
"I worked hard towards the award, so it was nice to be presented with it in front of my family and friends.
You may also want to watch:
"Since becoming involved with St John Ambulance Hertfordshire, I've learned important skills, and made new friends, so it's a big part of my life."
The award marks at least three years of sustained performance, studying eight different areas of work, including communications, working in the community, and the history of the organisation.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
Pippa's sister Shelly, 19, also achieved the Grand Prior, but was not able to attend the ceremony, because of university commitments.
Brian Wingate of St John Ambulance Hertfordshire said: "We are very proud of our dedicated volunteers who work extremely hard for the charity.