Sporty session in Melbourn makes most of sunshine day
- Credit: Archant
People donned their sports clobber and got into the party spirit last weekend for the Melbourn Pavilion Family Fun and Activity Day.
The aim of the event at The Moor recreation ground was to promote sports clubs in Melbourn and the surrounding villages, and demonstrations were held by the likes of Cambridge United and Melbourn Bowls Club.
The event on Saturday was a joint venture between Melbourn Pavilion and Melbourn Sports Centre.
Melbourn Sports Centre manager Graham Johnson-Mack said: “There was a really nice atmosphere on the day.
“There was a good number of families and the weather was on our side. Everybody seemed to enjoy themselves.”
You may also want to watch:
The event wasn’t all about promoting sports though, there were plenty of fun activities to get involved in too, including a bouncy castle, inflatable slide, Shetland pony rides, as well as ice creams, a barbecue and a bar to keep visitors refreshed.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 4 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 7 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 10 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire