Sporty session in Melbourn makes most of sunshine day
- Credit: Archant
People donned their sports clobber and got into the party spirit last weekend for the Melbourn Pavilion Family Fun and Activity Day.
The aim of the event at The Moor recreation ground was to promote sports clubs in Melbourn and the surrounding villages, and demonstrations were held by the likes of Cambridge United and Melbourn Bowls Club.
The event on Saturday was a joint venture between Melbourn Pavilion and Melbourn Sports Centre.
Melbourn Sports Centre manager Graham Johnson-Mack said: “There was a really nice atmosphere on the day.
“There was a good number of families and the weather was on our side. Everybody seemed to enjoy themselves.”
You may also want to watch:
The event wasn’t all about promoting sports though, there were plenty of fun activities to get involved in too, including a bouncy castle, inflatable slide, Shetland pony rides, as well as ice creams, a barbecue and a bar to keep visitors refreshed.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services