Sporty session in Melbourn makes most of sunshine day
- Credit: Archant
People donned their sports clobber and got into the party spirit last weekend for the Melbourn Pavilion Family Fun and Activity Day.
The aim of the event at The Moor recreation ground was to promote sports clubs in Melbourn and the surrounding villages, and demonstrations were held by the likes of Cambridge United and Melbourn Bowls Club.
The event on Saturday was a joint venture between Melbourn Pavilion and Melbourn Sports Centre.
Melbourn Sports Centre manager Graham Johnson-Mack said: “There was a really nice atmosphere on the day.
“There was a good number of families and the weather was on our side. Everybody seemed to enjoy themselves.”
You may also want to watch:
The event wasn’t all about promoting sports though, there were plenty of fun activities to get involved in too, including a bouncy castle, inflatable slide, Shetland pony rides, as well as ice creams, a barbecue and a bar to keep visitors refreshed.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 3 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 7 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 8 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation