Sports for all
SOUTH Cambs District Council is set to hold two sports development camps for eight to 13 year olds next week. The camps, to be held at Bassingbourn Sports Centre on Monday and Tuesday, are designed for children of all levels of experience and ability. An
SOUTH Cambs District Council is set to hold two sports development camps for eight to 13 year olds next week.
The camps, to be held at Bassingbourn Sports Centre on Monday and Tuesday, are designed for children of all levels of experience and ability.
And those who attend will have the opportunity to take part in a range of sports, including cricket, athletics, golf, hockey and netball.
The sessions, which will be run by qualified coaches, start at 10am and finish at 3.30pm. The cost is £15 a day, or £25 for two days.
Cllr David Bard, the district council's portfolio holder for new communities, said: "These sports sessions offer young people a great opportunity to learn new sports or improve skills in a fun environment.
"They also offer the opportunity to meet new people and take part in game challenges."
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 3 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 6 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 7 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 9 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 10 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
For more information or to book, call Helen Stepney on 01954 713362 or visit www.scssp.co.uk.