Sporting stars of future train at sports club
- Credit: Archant
It looks like Melbourn is set to produce some elite athletes of the future after more than 100 people turned up to an annual summer camp in the village.
The event, sponsored by TTP Group Melbourn, consisted of a variety of sports over a five day period at Melbourn Sports Centre, including gymnastics, tennis and basketball.
Manager Graham Johnson-Mack said: “These sports camps are always well attended, but this year more than ever, with more than 100 children attending throughout the week.
“We’ve really seen a surge in efforts to acquire the skills of different activities. And who knows? We might even be coaching the stars of the future.”
There are still plenty of opportunities for budding athletes to get involved in summer sports in Melbourn, including play schemes and Summer Pentathlon, and on term bookings on activities such as swimming, trampoline and tennis.
You may also want to watch:
The Summer Pentathlon will run from this Monday to Friday, August 17 to 21.
Full details can be found at www.mc-sport.co.uk or in the centre reception.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm