Spend it like Beckham
AN ENGLAND football shirt signed by David Beckham and the rest of the national squad is going under the hammer to raise money for a village school. The shirt is one of the lots in Reed First School s auction of promises on Saturday in Royston. Over 45 lot
AN ENGLAND football shirt signed by David Beckham and the rest of the national squad is going under the hammer to raise money for a village school.
The shirt is one of the lots in Reed First School's auction of promises on Saturday in Royston.
Over 45 lots have been donated to the school by parents, friends and local businesses.
Friends of Reed School committee member Angela Vaughan said: "We are overwhelmed by the generosity of our sponsors and excited by the quality of lots we have."
Lots include VIP tickets to join the Kawasaki team at a British Superbikes race and tickets to join Ian King's drag racing team next Easter.
Mrs Vaughan added: "We are looking forward to being able to buy some much needed equipment for the children at Reed School."
- 1 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 2 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 3 Kite Festival set to return to Royston next month
- 4 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 5 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 6 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 7 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 8 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 10 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
Tickets for the event are available from the school in Jackson's Lane, Reed.
- Anyone wishing to make a sealed bid should request a catalogue from the school on 01763 848304.