Royston town mayor officially opens new Specsavers store
- Credit: Archant
Royston’s mayor has officially opened a new Specsavers store in the town.
Located in High Street, the branch has benefitted from a £250,000 investment to accommodate the latest innovations and equipment from the optical and audiology industry.
The mayor, Councillor Robert Inwood, cut the official green ribbon and customers were invited to join in the celebrations too with a complimentary glass of bubbles and slice of cake.
Specsavers store director Claire Morris said: "What a great day we had, welcoming the town mayor to our brand-new store and greeting customers who were keen to hear about the innovations we have available.
"It is very important to us that we care for the community's eye health so having the opportunity to answer lots of questions on the day was a great privilege for us."
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit the store or call 01763 248161.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?