Specially composed piece of music to be performed in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A SPECIALLY composed piece of music is to be performed at a concert in Royston later this month.
Entitled The Gaudete Suite, it was written by Welsh composer Michael Elliott to commemorate the 850th anniversary of the building of the Augustinian Priory in Royston.
The piece will be performed at a concert, which has been organised as a Royston Arts Festival Occasional Event, and will feature pianists, the Cann Twins.
Claire and Antoinette Cann, have performed all over the world, and played with renowned orchestras such as the Royal Philharmonic and the BBC Concert Orchestra.
Other works to be included in the concert will be by Mozart, Liszt, Bizet and George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue.
You may also want to watch:
The concert will be supporting cHALLenge, the group raising cash to build a new parish hall at Royston parish church.
It is being held on Friday, June 28, at the parish church. Tickets are on sale now, costing £10 for adults, £8 for concessions and £5 for under-19s and students.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
They are available online on the festival website, or by calling Julia Garfit on 01763 242137.
This year’s Royston Arts Festival will feature a week-long programme of events running from September 21-29. The theme will be ‘Small World’.
Visit the festival website for more details of how you can get involved www.roystonartsfestival.org