Specially composed piece of music to be performed in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A SPECIALLY composed piece of music is to be performed at a concert in Royston later this month.
Entitled The Gaudete Suite, it was written by Welsh composer Michael Elliott to commemorate the 850th anniversary of the building of the Augustinian Priory in Royston.
The piece will be performed at a concert, which has been organised as a Royston Arts Festival Occasional Event, and will feature pianists, the Cann Twins.
Claire and Antoinette Cann, have performed all over the world, and played with renowned orchestras such as the Royal Philharmonic and the BBC Concert Orchestra.
Other works to be included in the concert will be by Mozart, Liszt, Bizet and George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue.
The concert will be supporting cHALLenge, the group raising cash to build a new parish hall at Royston parish church.
It is being held on Friday, June 28, at the parish church. Tickets are on sale now, costing £10 for adults, £8 for concessions and £5 for under-19s and students.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 8 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 9 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 10 Little Seedlings workshops to teach budding gardeners this summer
They are available online on the festival website, or by calling Julia Garfit on 01763 242137.
This year’s Royston Arts Festival will feature a week-long programme of events running from September 21-29. The theme will be ‘Small World’.
Visit the festival website for more details of how you can get involved www.roystonartsfestival.org