Spades at the ready on a big day for Royston Town Band
- Credit: Archant
Let’s hear a fanfare – because Operation Bandroom is go!
After two years of painstaking planning and fundraising efforts, Royston Town Band is on the cusp of starting to build a new bandroom home at the end of Tannery Drift.
Chairman Charmian Flowerday said: “We can’t believe that it’s actually happening – it seems like a long time ago that we had our ‘last blast’ in our old bandroom behind the Manor House, and even longer since we started to plan our move.
“We’ve had amazing support from the people, organisations and businesses of Royston.
“People have gone out of their way to donate to the project, support our events and help us find a place to rehearse while we have been ‘of no fixed abode’.
You may also want to watch:
“We can’t wait to get under way, and of course to move in later this year – watch this space for progress and for details of our grand opening, you’re all invited!”
Pictured breaking ground on the site at the rear of Tannery Drift School fields are band secretary Roger Simons, build co-ordinator Ken Pearson and Charmian Flowerday.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 5 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 6 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Parents' tribute to caring community as they continue push for new specialist facilities
- 9 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 10 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife