Space man voted off Great British Bake Off
- Credit: Archant
AN ENGINEER was voted off in the fifth round of The Great British Bake Off last night (Tuesday).
Rob Smart, who lives in Melbourn and works at Astrium in Stevenage, was last night voted off the BBC show by judges Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood.
He said: “My ambitions when I came in were to win Star Baker at least once and not get kicked out in the first round. Most of all, however, I just wanted to have some fun.
“I think I’ll need to take a break from baking now. I think that’s normal. I might boil something.”
Mr Smart came fourth in this week’s technical challenge after cooking tuiles. For the Tray Bake round, he made a cake based on a famous Spanish dish Tarta di Santiago. He impressed judges in the Biscuit Stack challenge when he created a giant blue biscuit dalek.
You may also want to watch:
The Great British Bake Off continues on BBC2 on Tuesday, 8pm.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 3 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 10 'We're breaking' - Lister Hospital staff 'tearful' and 'on their knees' as COVID cases double