Space man voted off Great British Bake Off
- Credit: Archant
AN ENGINEER was voted off in the fifth round of The Great British Bake Off last night (Tuesday).
Rob Smart, who lives in Melbourn and works at Astrium in Stevenage, was last night voted off the BBC show by judges Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood.
He said: “My ambitions when I came in were to win Star Baker at least once and not get kicked out in the first round. Most of all, however, I just wanted to have some fun.
“I think I’ll need to take a break from baking now. I think that’s normal. I might boil something.”
Mr Smart came fourth in this week’s technical challenge after cooking tuiles. For the Tray Bake round, he made a cake based on a famous Spanish dish Tarta di Santiago. He impressed judges in the Biscuit Stack challenge when he created a giant blue biscuit dalek.
You may also want to watch:
The Great British Bake Off continues on BBC2 on Tuesday, 8pm.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton