Space man voted off Great British Bake Off
- Credit: Archant
AN ENGINEER was voted off in the fifth round of The Great British Bake Off last night (Tuesday).
Rob Smart, who lives in Melbourn and works at Astrium in Stevenage, was last night voted off the BBC show by judges Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood.
He said: “My ambitions when I came in were to win Star Baker at least once and not get kicked out in the first round. Most of all, however, I just wanted to have some fun.
“I think I’ll need to take a break from baking now. I think that’s normal. I might boil something.”
Mr Smart came fourth in this week’s technical challenge after cooking tuiles. For the Tray Bake round, he made a cake based on a famous Spanish dish Tarta di Santiago. He impressed judges in the Biscuit Stack challenge when he created a giant blue biscuit dalek.
You may also want to watch:
The Great British Bake Off continues on BBC2 on Tuesday, 8pm.
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 6 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 10 Amateur drama society takes online show to Welwyn Festival