Space man voted off Great British Bake Off
- Credit: Archant
AN ENGINEER was voted off in the fifth round of The Great British Bake Off last night (Tuesday).
Rob Smart, who lives in Melbourn and works at Astrium in Stevenage, was last night voted off the BBC show by judges Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood.
He said: “My ambitions when I came in were to win Star Baker at least once and not get kicked out in the first round. Most of all, however, I just wanted to have some fun.
“I think I’ll need to take a break from baking now. I think that’s normal. I might boil something.”
Mr Smart came fourth in this week’s technical challenge after cooking tuiles. For the Tray Bake round, he made a cake based on a famous Spanish dish Tarta di Santiago. He impressed judges in the Biscuit Stack challenge when he created a giant blue biscuit dalek.
You may also want to watch:
The Great British Bake Off continues on BBC2 on Tuesday, 8pm.
- 1 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 4 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange