South Cambs MP set for tug-of-war match at Meldreth village fete
- Credit: Archant
Meldreth is set to host their annual village fete this weekend – where there will be plenty of family-friendly fun, including a tug-of-war match with the South Cambs MP.
The event starts at 12.30pm on Saturday with stalls, an auction, and games and activities for children.
MP Heidi Allen will be getting stuck in with the tug-of-war at 1.30pm alongside Melbourn and Bassingbourn county councillor Susan van de Ven and others on the ladies team, who will go up against a men’s side.
There will be a lunchtime barbecue with beer donated by The British Queen pub, and cider from Cam Valley Orchards.
Refreshments continue all afternoon with teas, homemade cakes, candy floss, ice creams and popcorn, and there will also be live music by the Memphis Jazz Band.
You may also want to watch:
The day will finish off with a raffle at 4pm, the top prize is £100.
In total, 60 businesses from the area have supported the cause donating auction lots and raffle prizes and sponsorship.
For more see www.meldrethchurch.org.uk/fete
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 9 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 10 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford