South Cambs MP set for tug-of-war match at Meldreth village fete
- Credit: Archant
Meldreth is set to host their annual village fete this weekend – where there will be plenty of family-friendly fun, including a tug-of-war match with the South Cambs MP.
The event starts at 12.30pm on Saturday with stalls, an auction, and games and activities for children.
MP Heidi Allen will be getting stuck in with the tug-of-war at 1.30pm alongside Melbourn and Bassingbourn county councillor Susan van de Ven and others on the ladies team, who will go up against a men’s side.
There will be a lunchtime barbecue with beer donated by The British Queen pub, and cider from Cam Valley Orchards.
Refreshments continue all afternoon with teas, homemade cakes, candy floss, ice creams and popcorn, and there will also be live music by the Memphis Jazz Band.
You may also want to watch:
The day will finish off with a raffle at 4pm, the top prize is £100.
In total, 60 businesses from the area have supported the cause donating auction lots and raffle prizes and sponsorship.
For more see www.meldrethchurch.org.uk/fete
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 9 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 10 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?