South Cambs MP set for tug-of-war match at Meldreth village fete
- Credit: Archant
Meldreth is set to host their annual village fete this weekend – where there will be plenty of family-friendly fun, including a tug-of-war match with the South Cambs MP.
The event starts at 12.30pm on Saturday with stalls, an auction, and games and activities for children.
MP Heidi Allen will be getting stuck in with the tug-of-war at 1.30pm alongside Melbourn and Bassingbourn county councillor Susan van de Ven and others on the ladies team, who will go up against a men’s side.
There will be a lunchtime barbecue with beer donated by The British Queen pub, and cider from Cam Valley Orchards.
Refreshments continue all afternoon with teas, homemade cakes, candy floss, ice creams and popcorn, and there will also be live music by the Memphis Jazz Band.
You may also want to watch:
The day will finish off with a raffle at 4pm, the top prize is £100.
In total, 60 businesses from the area have supported the cause donating auction lots and raffle prizes and sponsorship.
For more see www.meldrethchurch.org.uk/fete
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 5 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire