South Cambs MP Heidi Allen to co-host free Disability Confident business networking event in Cambridge tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
The MP for South Cambs has teamed up with the Papworth Trust charity to call on companies in the county to become more ‘disability-confident’.
At the free networking event, hosted by South Cambs MP Heidi Allen and Cambridge MP Daniel Zeichner, there will be advice and support for businesses to improve the disability employment gap. Stallholders will include businesses, charities and Paralympians.
“I am fortunate to represent an area that hosts a range of successful businesses,” said Ms Allen.
“They can share their employment challenges and learn how to become more disability confident in recruitment.
“We want to break down perceived barriers of employing people with disabilities and show the wealth of skills businesses could benefit from.”
You may also want to watch:
The three-hour event starts from 10am tomorrow, Friday, in the Lord Ashcroft Building at Anglia Ruskin University in Cambridge.
For more information go to Heidi Allen’s website here.
- 1 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 8 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 9 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 10 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity