South Cambs MP Heidi Allen to co-host free Disability Confident business networking event in Cambridge tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
The MP for South Cambs has teamed up with the Papworth Trust charity to call on companies in the county to become more ‘disability-confident’.
At the free networking event, hosted by South Cambs MP Heidi Allen and Cambridge MP Daniel Zeichner, there will be advice and support for businesses to improve the disability employment gap. Stallholders will include businesses, charities and Paralympians.
“I am fortunate to represent an area that hosts a range of successful businesses,” said Ms Allen.
“They can share their employment challenges and learn how to become more disability confident in recruitment.
“We want to break down perceived barriers of employing people with disabilities and show the wealth of skills businesses could benefit from.”
You may also want to watch:
The three-hour event starts from 10am tomorrow, Friday, in the Lord Ashcroft Building at Anglia Ruskin University in Cambridge.
For more information go to Heidi Allen’s website here.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 9 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation