South Cambs MP Heidi Allen to co-host free Disability Confident business networking event in Cambridge tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
The MP for South Cambs has teamed up with the Papworth Trust charity to call on companies in the county to become more ‘disability-confident’.
At the free networking event, hosted by South Cambs MP Heidi Allen and Cambridge MP Daniel Zeichner, there will be advice and support for businesses to improve the disability employment gap. Stallholders will include businesses, charities and Paralympians.
“I am fortunate to represent an area that hosts a range of successful businesses,” said Ms Allen.
“They can share their employment challenges and learn how to become more disability confident in recruitment.
“We want to break down perceived barriers of employing people with disabilities and show the wealth of skills businesses could benefit from.”
You may also want to watch:
The three-hour event starts from 10am tomorrow, Friday, in the Lord Ashcroft Building at Anglia Ruskin University in Cambridge.
For more information go to Heidi Allen’s website here.
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 3 County council elections round-up for North Herts
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 8 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 9 Conservative David Lloyd re-elected as Herts Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing