South Cambs MP Heidi Allen calls for Boris Johnson to be sacked after Libya comments
- Credit: Archant
South Cambs MP Heidi Allen has called for Boris Johnson to be sacked from his role in Government over comments made about Libya.
Foriegn secretary Mr Johnson said at a Conservative conference fringe meeting yesterday evening that the Libyan city of Sirte could be the next Dubai – and added that “the only thing they have got to do is clear the dead bodies away”.
Mrs Allen took to Twitter last night to voice her dismay and said: “100 per cent unacceptable from anyone, let alone foreign sec. Boris must be sacked for this. He does not represent my party.”
Conservative MP Anna Soubry replied to Mrs Allen, saying: “As I said yesterday #borisjohnson is embarrassing and PM should sack him.”
Mr Johnson later tweeted: “Shame people with no knowledge or understanding of Libya want to play politics with the appallingly dangerous reality in Sirte.
You may also want to watch:
“The reality there is that the clearing of corpses of Daesh fighters has been made much more difficult by IEDs and booby traps.
“That’s why Britain is playing a key role in reconstruction and why I have visited Libya twice this year in support.”
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 3 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 4 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
The Crow has contacted Mrs Allen for further comment.