South Cambs MP Heidi Allen calls for Boris Johnson to be sacked after Libya comments
- Credit: Archant
South Cambs MP Heidi Allen has called for Boris Johnson to be sacked from his role in Government over comments made about Libya.
Foriegn secretary Mr Johnson said at a Conservative conference fringe meeting yesterday evening that the Libyan city of Sirte could be the next Dubai – and added that “the only thing they have got to do is clear the dead bodies away”.
Mrs Allen took to Twitter last night to voice her dismay and said: “100 per cent unacceptable from anyone, let alone foreign sec. Boris must be sacked for this. He does not represent my party.”
Conservative MP Anna Soubry replied to Mrs Allen, saying: “As I said yesterday #borisjohnson is embarrassing and PM should sack him.”
Mr Johnson later tweeted: “Shame people with no knowledge or understanding of Libya want to play politics with the appallingly dangerous reality in Sirte.
You may also want to watch:
“The reality there is that the clearing of corpses of Daesh fighters has been made much more difficult by IEDs and booby traps.
“That’s why Britain is playing a key role in reconstruction and why I have visited Libya twice this year in support.”
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 4 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 5 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 8 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
The Crow has contacted Mrs Allen for further comment.