South Cambs election details announced
DETAILS of candidates to run for office in South Cambridgeshire’s district and parish elections have been announced.
Contested districts in Crow country include Fowlmere and Foxton, Orwell and Barrington and The Abingtons, with one councillor to be elected in each.
Constituents will also be asked to vote on the referendum for the alternative vote policy, which could come in instead of the current first past the post system.
120 polling stations will be open at 105 locations across the district of South
Cambridgeshire between 7am and 10pm. Visit www.scambs.gov.uk for details of your polling station.
You may also want to watch:
South Cambridgeshire District Council elections
One seat available in each district
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 3 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
Fowlmere and Foxton
Mark Howard – The Conservative Party
Angela Patrick – The Labour Party
Colin Reynolds – The Green Party
Deborah Roberts – Independent
Orwell and Barrington
Susan Hailes – The Labour Party
Anabela Pinto – Liberal Democrats
Ted Ridgway Watt – The Conservative Party
Tony Orgee – The Conservative Party
Gill Taylor – The Labour Party
Parish council elections will also take place in South Cambs. Between five and nine councillors will be elected to the parish councils in Barrington, Fowlmere, Foxton, Great Abington, Little Abington, Orwell and Wimpole.
In Barrington the candidates are Laura Cooper, Frances Day, Tony Fletcher, Judy Hardman, Michael Monk, Sheila Potter, Aiden van der Weyer and David Whybrow.
Fowlmere’s candidates are Elaine O’Regan, Janice Peacock, Deborah Roberts, Mike Sunderland, Nicola Webb and Lawrence Wragg.
The Foxton candidates will be Geoffrey Barnes, Malcolm Bore, Liam Elliot, Colin Grindley, Rachel Macintyre, Ron McCreery, Christine McFadzean, Nigel Oakley and Peter Sutton.
Great Abington will be contested by Gaynor Farrant, David Hefford, Dennis Mynott, Sally Smith, Bernie Talbot and Pennie Zimmern.
Little Abington will be between Peter Brunning, Bob Chesham, John Ellis, Roslyn Hedge. Christopher Nutt and Graham Wigley.
Orwell’s candidates are James Grant, Colin Hoptroff, Michael Kenyon, Steve Sparkes, Wayne Talbot and Nigel Whittingham.
The Wimpole candidates are Nick Everington, Don Hollands, Richard Hoole, Steve Odell and Richard Robinson.