South Cambs Council top of the table for tax collection
SOUTH Cambridgeshire District Council (SCDC) has come top of a Government league table for Council Tax and business rates collection in Cambridgeshire. And after collecting 99.1 per cent of council tax and 99.8 per cent of business rates due in 2007/2008,
SOUTH Cambridgeshire District Council (SCDC) has come top of a Government league table for Council Tax and business rates collection in Cambridgeshire.
And after collecting 99.1 per cent of council tax and 99.8 per cent of business rates due in 2007/2008, the council also ranks as one of the best performing authorities in the country.
The council ranked 15th in the country for council tax collection and 6th for business rate collection.
Cllr Tony Orgee, portfolio holder for finance, said: "This is good news for everyone in the district.
You may also want to watch:
"Through efficient collection of this money we are able to spend it on vital services we deliver to residents.
"Our collection team work very hard to make sure that everyone pays their way, which isn't always a popular job, and deserve praise for their excellent work."
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
Anyone who has any enquiries about their council tax bill can call 08450 450 064 between 8am and 8pm, Monday to Saturday.