South Cambs Council top of the table for tax collection
SOUTH Cambridgeshire District Council (SCDC) has come top of a Government league table for Council Tax and business rates collection in Cambridgeshire. And after collecting 99.1 per cent of council tax and 99.8 per cent of business rates due in 2007/2008,
SOUTH Cambridgeshire District Council (SCDC) has come top of a Government league table for Council Tax and business rates collection in Cambridgeshire.
And after collecting 99.1 per cent of council tax and 99.8 per cent of business rates due in 2007/2008, the council also ranks as one of the best performing authorities in the country.
The council ranked 15th in the country for council tax collection and 6th for business rate collection.
Cllr Tony Orgee, portfolio holder for finance, said: "This is good news for everyone in the district.
You may also want to watch:
"Through efficient collection of this money we are able to spend it on vital services we deliver to residents.
"Our collection team work very hard to make sure that everyone pays their way, which isn't always a popular job, and deserve praise for their excellent work."
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 3 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 4 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 7 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
Anyone who has any enquiries about their council tax bill can call 08450 450 064 between 8am and 8pm, Monday to Saturday.