South Cambs a great place to live, says survey
SOUTH Cambridgeshire is the second best place to live in Great Britain, according to a new survey. The area has been named as the runner-up to mid-Suffolk in the Halifax Rural Area Quality of Life Survey, which considered factors such as house prices, lab
SOUTH Cambridgeshire is the second best place to live in Great Britain, according to a new survey.
The area has been named as the runner-up to mid-Suffolk in the Halifax Rural Area Quality of Life Survey, which considered factors such as house prices, labour market, housing market, environment, education, and health.
Cllr Ray Manning, leader of South Cambridgeshire district council, said: "We're very proud of our district and it's always fantastic to hear from independent sources that South Cambridgeshire is a great place to live."
The district is also one of the three healthiest areas surveyed, with 95 per cent of households rating themselves as in good or fairly good health.
You may also want to watch:
It is the second time in 12 months that South Cambridgeshire has ranked highly in quality of life surveys. In Channel 4's Location, Location, Location Best and Worst Place to Live poll, it was rated as the 7th best place to live in the UK.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange