South Cambs a great place to live, says survey
SOUTH Cambridgeshire is the second best place to live in Great Britain, according to a new survey. The area has been named as the runner-up to mid-Suffolk in the Halifax Rural Area Quality of Life Survey, which considered factors such as house prices, lab
SOUTH Cambridgeshire is the second best place to live in Great Britain, according to a new survey.
The area has been named as the runner-up to mid-Suffolk in the Halifax Rural Area Quality of Life Survey, which considered factors such as house prices, labour market, housing market, environment, education, and health.
Cllr Ray Manning, leader of South Cambridgeshire district council, said: "We're very proud of our district and it's always fantastic to hear from independent sources that South Cambridgeshire is a great place to live."
The district is also one of the three healthiest areas surveyed, with 95 per cent of households rating themselves as in good or fairly good health.
You may also want to watch:
It is the second time in 12 months that South Cambridgeshire has ranked highly in quality of life surveys. In Channel 4's Location, Location, Location Best and Worst Place to Live poll, it was rated as the 7th best place to live in the UK.
- 1 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 4 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 5 Parents struggling with homeschooling to get boost from book donors
- 6 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 7 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 8 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Wildlife photographer's lockdown calendar raises money for those in need