South Cambs a great place to live, says survey
SOUTH Cambridgeshire is the second best place to live in Great Britain, according to a new survey. The area has been named as the runner-up to mid-Suffolk in the Halifax Rural Area Quality of Life Survey, which considered factors such as house prices, lab
SOUTH Cambridgeshire is the second best place to live in Great Britain, according to a new survey.
The area has been named as the runner-up to mid-Suffolk in the Halifax Rural Area Quality of Life Survey, which considered factors such as house prices, labour market, housing market, environment, education, and health.
Cllr Ray Manning, leader of South Cambridgeshire district council, said: "We're very proud of our district and it's always fantastic to hear from independent sources that South Cambridgeshire is a great place to live."
The district is also one of the three healthiest areas surveyed, with 95 per cent of households rating themselves as in good or fairly good health.
You may also want to watch:
It is the second time in 12 months that South Cambridgeshire has ranked highly in quality of life surveys. In Channel 4's Location, Location, Location Best and Worst Place to Live poll, it was rated as the 7th best place to live in the UK.
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Where to get a walk-in Covid-19 vaccine in Cambridgeshire this weekend