South Cambs a great place to live, says survey
SOUTH Cambridgeshire is the second best place to live in Great Britain, according to a new survey. The area has been named as the runner-up to mid-Suffolk in the Halifax Rural Area Quality of Life Survey, which considered factors such as house prices, lab
SOUTH Cambridgeshire is the second best place to live in Great Britain, according to a new survey.
The area has been named as the runner-up to mid-Suffolk in the Halifax Rural Area Quality of Life Survey, which considered factors such as house prices, labour market, housing market, environment, education, and health.
Cllr Ray Manning, leader of South Cambridgeshire district council, said: "We're very proud of our district and it's always fantastic to hear from independent sources that South Cambridgeshire is a great place to live."
The district is also one of the three healthiest areas surveyed, with 95 per cent of households rating themselves as in good or fairly good health.
You may also want to watch:
It is the second time in 12 months that South Cambridgeshire has ranked highly in quality of life surveys. In Channel 4's Location, Location, Location Best and Worst Place to Live poll, it was rated as the 7th best place to live in the UK.
- 1 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 2 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 3 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 10 Three household waste collection crews suspended