South Cambridgeshire residents urged to check they are registered to vote ahead of the May elections
MAKE sure your name is on the electoral roll. That s the message from South Cambridgeshire district council ahead of the local elections, which will be held on May 6, and the general election, which is due at some time this year. Elections manager Laura L
MAKE sure your name is on the electoral roll.
That's the message from South Cambridgeshire district council ahead of the local elections, which will be held on May 6, and the general election, which is due at some time this year.
Elections manager Laura Lock said: We don't want anyone to miss out on the chance to vote, if they are eligible to do so. People can vote in person, by proxy or by post, but only if they are registered.
"We canvass all households in the district every year to make sure people do register, but there are always people moving into the district or who forget to return their canvass form. If this is you, or you haven't registered for some other reason, make sure you get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
"In 2005, the last time a general election was held, 52,648 people voted, representing a 68.3per cent turnout. The district elections in 2006, in which the same district seats were up for election as those up for election this year, saw a turnout of 41.5 per cent," she said.
The last opportunity to do this ahead of the 6 May elections is 20 April. Anyone wanting to register needs to complete a 'register to vote' form available at www.scambs.gov.uk/register or by calling the elections team on 03450 455 214.
- 1 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 8 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 9 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Man seriously injured in three-car crash between Barley and Royston