South Cambridgeshire rail users group targets parking improvements
SAFE parking at stations in Crow Country is top of the agenda for a new rail users group. The Meldreth, Shepreth, and Foxton rail user group met for the first time last month, with 18 people, including commuters, students, and older residents, attending.
SAFE parking at stations in Crow Country is top of the agenda for a new rail users group.
The Meldreth, Shepreth, and Foxton rail user group met for the first time last month, with 18 people, including commuters, students, and older residents, attending.
County Councillor Susan van de Ven, who helped organise the meeting, said: "A whole range of other issues were discussed. One of the main concerns at present is the overflow commuter parking in Meldreth High Street near the station which has caused traffic accidents and which we feel needs urgent attention."
The group resolved to take their concerns to the neighbourhood police panel, while users of Foxton station will address similar concerns with their neighbourhood officers.
You may also want to watch:
They also agreed some priority campaigning points, such as disabled access ramp to the southbound platform at Meldreth Station, clearer and more accessible information on student fares, and reduced car parking charges at Meldreth and Shepreth.
Cllr Van de Ven said: "[Train operator] First Capital Connect have said they would not revert to free parking, but clearly �2.50 is too high and our priority is to get the daily rate down to �1 per day.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 9 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
"We feel that these car parks are valuable amenities in relatively small villages, and it is a great waste that they are now largely empty," she said.
Anyone wanting to get involved in the group can contact Cllr van de Ven on 01763 261833.