South Cambridgeshire district council's share of council tax set to rise by three per cent next year
SOUTH Cambridgeshire District Council s share of council tax is set to rise by three per cent next year. The district council s cabinet will meet next week to consider a recommendation to set their council tax precept at �115.46 for a band D property. Th
SOUTH Cambridgeshire District Council's share of council tax is set to rise by three per cent next year.
The district council's cabinet will meet next week to consider a recommendation to set their council tax precept at �115.46 for a band D property. This represents an increase of �3.36 a year, or three per cent.
Cllr Simon Edwards, portfolio holder for staffing and finance said: "In setting the budget for this year, and looking at our council tax levels, we've again had to perform a difficult balancing act.
"We want to maintain and improve services, but in the light of falling income, and increased demand for some of our services such as housing advice, this becomes extremely difficult. We're also very aware of the wider economic situation for all of our residents and want to keep the weight of council tax as light as possible."
You may also want to watch:
The district council has cut its budget by �2.2million for the next financial due to a reduction in income which it blames on the global economic slowdown.
Cambridgeshire County Council are also proposing a three per cent increase on their council tax levy, which is set to go up to �1,047.78 for a band D property, an increase of �30.51 a year.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes