Songs and sandwiches at church picnic concert
ENJOY songs and sandwiches in the sunshine at a picnic concert in Meldreth on Saturday. Holy Trinity Church, Meldreth, are holding their summer concert, which will feature the distinctive sound of the Chiltern West Gallery Quire. The Quire is a group of
ENJOY songs and sandwiches in the sunshine at a picnic concert in Meldreth on Saturday.
Holy Trinity Church, Meldreth, are holding their summer concert, which will feature the distinctive sound of the Chiltern West Gallery Quire.
The Quire is a group of around twenty-five singers and instrumentalists who perform the distinctive village music, anthems and carols that were sung in the west galleries of English country churches in the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries.
The concert begins at 7.30pm on Saturday, July 4, and will take place in front of the church. Guests are advised to bring their picnic, seats, or rugs. Should the weather be inclement the concert will be held inside the church.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �7.50, or �7 for Friends of Holy Trinity Church. To book, or for more information, call Sandra Searles (01763 260435), Robert Long (01763 261365), Peter Chilvers (01763 260742), or Eleanor Edwards (01763 261363).
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 10 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge