Some schools close in Royston area as Beast from the East hits
- Credit: Archant
As the so-called “Beast from the East” covers our town and villages with snow, some schools in and around Royston are closing early this afternoon.
• Feb 28: Most schools are staying open as the white stuff continues to fall, but some are closing early – including Barkway and Barley first schools, which closed at 1pm.
Buntingford’s Freman College also sent pupils home at lunchtime.
Other schools are monitoring the weather situation closely and may announce closures in due course.
• Mar 1: Greneway School in Royston is closed due to having no heating.
You may also want to watch:
• If there are any other school closures you know about, please email email@example.com and we can add them to the list.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 5 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 10 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more