Some schools close in Royston area as Beast from the East hits
- Credit: Archant
As the so-called “Beast from the East” covers our town and villages with snow, some schools in and around Royston are closing early this afternoon.
• Feb 28: Most schools are staying open as the white stuff continues to fall, but some are closing early – including Barkway and Barley first schools, which closed at 1pm.
Buntingford’s Freman College also sent pupils home at lunchtime.
Other schools are monitoring the weather situation closely and may announce closures in due course.
• Mar 1: Greneway School in Royston is closed due to having no heating.
You may also want to watch:
• If there are any other school closures you know about, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can add them to the list.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside