Disruption continues on trains after major power cut
- Credit: Archant
There is still some disruption on rail services this morning after yesterday’s power cut – but most services are “returning to normal”.
At about 5.30pm yesterday, the UK Power Network failed in large parts of London and the south east, affecting trains and airports.
Great Northern and Thameslink tweeted at about 9am today: "Services are returning to normal following a failure of the electricity supply yesterday. Please allow extra time for your journey where possible and plan in advance.
On the Great Northern website, it says: "Due to the level of disruption on Friday, trains did not end up in their correct locations at the end of the day. Many of our members of train crew also worked additional hours during the evening and overnight reducing their availability for today. We expect to see some additional cancellations due to crew availability.
"The following routes are those most significantly affected this morning: Moorgate - Hertford North / Stevenage, London Kings Cross - Peterborough
You may also want to watch:
"Thameslink are now returning to the planned timetable.
"Thameslink and Great Northern are continuing to work though the list of displaced stock, and further alterations due to Friday's disruption may still be necessary. We will continue to make sure that online journey planners are updated with current information."
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 5 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 8 Missing teen found safe and well
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
Great Northern and Thameslink tickets dated yesterday will be valid for today, tomorrow or Monday instead. If travelling with another operator, check with them prior to travel.