Society goes to great lengths to restore ancient milestone
AN ancient milestone outside St Peter s Church in Buntingford is being restored by the Buntingford Civic Society. The society is producing a copper facier for the stone. Society chairman Derek Cooper said: It s an important place of our heritage and they
AN ancient milestone outside St Peter's Church in Buntingford is being restored by the Buntingford Civic Society.
The society is producing a copper facier for the stone.
Society chairman Derek Cooper said: "It's an important place of our heritage and they are attractive items in our basic scene.
"We're concerned with restoring artefacts because they will disappear eventually."
You may also want to watch:
The society has had to go through a long process in restoring the artefact.
Mr Cooper said: "We had to go through archival material to be exact on the wording and we had to make sure it did not make an impact on the fabric of the church.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 10 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
"I hope it will be an attractive addition to the area of Market Hill."
The facier has been made and is in the possession of the society. It is expected to be erected some time in the near future.
- Restoring a town sign outside Lloyds Chemist in Market Hill, Buntingford, could be the society's next project.