Society cash set to help band
THE Royston Town Band has been awarded £500 from the Saffron Building Society s donation programme. And band treasurer Brian Edwards said: The money donated by the society will make a real difference. The cash will be used to pay towards the costs of
THE Royston Town Band has been awarded £500 from the Saffron Building Society's donation programme.
And band treasurer Brian Edwards said: "The money donated by the society will make a real difference."
The cash will be used to pay towards the costs of re-surfacing the floor at the band's hall.
"At the moment the floor is in a state disrepair and quite dangerous," said Mr Edwards.
You may also want to watch:
Society chief executive Andy Golding described the 150-year-old town band as "an institution" and "very much part of the community".
"We are delighted to be able to donate money to such a worthy cause."
- 1 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
The society's donation programme is designed to support worthy causes in the area in a bid to empower groups to help in their communities.