Society cash set to help band
THE Royston Town Band has been awarded £500 from the Saffron Building Society s donation programme. And band treasurer Brian Edwards said: The money donated by the society will make a real difference. The cash will be used to pay towards the costs of
THE Royston Town Band has been awarded £500 from the Saffron Building Society's donation programme.
And band treasurer Brian Edwards said: "The money donated by the society will make a real difference."
The cash will be used to pay towards the costs of re-surfacing the floor at the band's hall.
"At the moment the floor is in a state disrepair and quite dangerous," said Mr Edwards.
You may also want to watch:
Society chief executive Andy Golding described the 150-year-old town band as "an institution" and "very much part of the community".
"We are delighted to be able to donate money to such a worthy cause."
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
The society's donation programme is designed to support worthy causes in the area in a bid to empower groups to help in their communities.