Soccer support on the menu as youngest Indian takeaway owner in UK signs football shirt deal in Royston
- Credit: Archant
The youngest Indian restaurant and takeaway owner in the UK is brimming with pride after a new kit for a football team he sponsors was unveiled.
Safwaan Choudhury, who bought Royston Tandoori in July after graduating from the Peter Jones Enterprise Academy, has become the proud sponsor of Royston Town Ladies FC.
The 18-year-old said: “I have prioritised contribution to the community as one of our main objectives at Royston Tandoori.
“Becoming involved with Royston Town was a no-brainer as it acts as a spine to our town, with so many different groups involved.
“I took a particular interest in the ladies team because women’s football is on the rise.
You may also want to watch:
“Nationally, the women’s football team performed phenomenally at the Women’s World Cup, finishing third.
“Royston Town Ladies FC is a huge success and it is with great pleasure that we sponsor them.”
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 3 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 9 Isthmian League reveal why they want to terminate non-league football 'at the earliest opportunity'
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people