Soccer support on the menu as youngest Indian takeaway owner in UK signs football shirt deal in Royston
- Credit: Archant
The youngest Indian restaurant and takeaway owner in the UK is brimming with pride after a new kit for a football team he sponsors was unveiled.
Safwaan Choudhury, who bought Royston Tandoori in July after graduating from the Peter Jones Enterprise Academy, has become the proud sponsor of Royston Town Ladies FC.
The 18-year-old said: “I have prioritised contribution to the community as one of our main objectives at Royston Tandoori.
“Becoming involved with Royston Town was a no-brainer as it acts as a spine to our town, with so many different groups involved.
“I took a particular interest in the ladies team because women’s football is on the rise.
You may also want to watch:
“Nationally, the women’s football team performed phenomenally at the Women’s World Cup, finishing third.
“Royston Town Ladies FC is a huge success and it is with great pleasure that we sponsor them.”
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event