Snowballing into the money with Royston Town Football Club rollover
- Credit: Archant
A long-time supporter of Royston Town Football Club was overjoyed to win almost £1,000 when he lucked out on a prize draw.
The club has been operating the prize draw for many years with supporters contributing £1 a week for regular cash prizes.
Fan Graham Ingrey was left ‘shocked and delighted’ to win the main snowball prize of £980, which hasn’t been claimed in more than two years.
He attended Tuesday’s game to receive the cheque from club chairman Steve Jackson, who said: “We are naturally delighted that a long term supporter has seen his loyalty rewarded with such a big payout and hope that more fans join the scheme with a chance to win the next one.”
The Development Fund Prize draw has been running for more than 20 years and raises money for Capital investment into the club.
You may also want to watch:
It has provided the club with many items over the years including tills, glass washers, pitch side dugouts and is now helping finance a kitchen refit. Supporters contribute £1 a week and are automatically entered into a draw for cash prizes and a chance to win the Big Prize Draw which increases every month.
Details can be found online at www.roystontownfc.co.uk.
- 1 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 2 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?