Snowballing into the money with Royston Town Football Club rollover
- Credit: Archant
A long-time supporter of Royston Town Football Club was overjoyed to win almost £1,000 when he lucked out on a prize draw.
The club has been operating the prize draw for many years with supporters contributing £1 a week for regular cash prizes.
Fan Graham Ingrey was left ‘shocked and delighted’ to win the main snowball prize of £980, which hasn’t been claimed in more than two years.
He attended Tuesday’s game to receive the cheque from club chairman Steve Jackson, who said: “We are naturally delighted that a long term supporter has seen his loyalty rewarded with such a big payout and hope that more fans join the scheme with a chance to win the next one.”
The Development Fund Prize draw has been running for more than 20 years and raises money for Capital investment into the club.
You may also want to watch:
It has provided the club with many items over the years including tills, glass washers, pitch side dugouts and is now helping finance a kitchen refit. Supporters contribute £1 a week and are automatically entered into a draw for cash prizes and a chance to win the Big Prize Draw which increases every month.
Details can be found online at www.roystontownfc.co.uk.
- 1 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 2 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 3 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Wildlife photographer's lockdown calendar raises money for those in need
- 6 Families of care home residents worry about vaccine roll-out delays
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 9 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 10 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations