Snow still around in parts of Royston and surrounding villages after late white Christmas
- Credit: Ray Dowding
Royston and the surrounding villages woke up to a late white Christmas yesterday, with snow still lingering on Therfield Heath and other areas today.
Some youngsters were so excited to be treated to another snowfall so soon after heavy snow blanketed North Herts and South Cambs 2½ weeks ago.
They included six-year-old Poppy Regan, who created a ‘snow family’ at her nana and grandad’s Royston home.
Poppy said: “I was very excited to see the snow when she woke up because it was so unexpected.
“I enjoyed Christmas so much and best of all coming to Royston to see my two cousins, Bethany, 14, and 11-year-old Isabel Turner, who live in Royston.
You may also want to watch:
“My mummy Sarah helped to make the snow family. Also helping was a lovely lady who lives across the road who bought some blueberries to use as eyes for the snow family, their doggy and pet rabbit.”
Also staying at Poppy’s grandparents’ home was her three-year-old brother Carson, who grandad Ray Dowding said “did not like the cold and so he did not help to make the snow family”.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 10 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
The Met Office issued a yellow weather warning for ice in Herts and Cambs between 4pm yesterday and 11am today.