Snow still around in parts of Royston and surrounding villages after late white Christmas
- Credit: Ray Dowding
Royston and the surrounding villages woke up to a late white Christmas yesterday, with snow still lingering on Therfield Heath and other areas today.
Some youngsters were so excited to be treated to another snowfall so soon after heavy snow blanketed North Herts and South Cambs 2½ weeks ago.
They included six-year-old Poppy Regan, who created a ‘snow family’ at her nana and grandad’s Royston home.
Poppy said: “I was very excited to see the snow when she woke up because it was so unexpected.
“I enjoyed Christmas so much and best of all coming to Royston to see my two cousins, Bethany, 14, and 11-year-old Isabel Turner, who live in Royston.
You may also want to watch:
“My mummy Sarah helped to make the snow family. Also helping was a lovely lady who lives across the road who bought some blueberries to use as eyes for the snow family, their doggy and pet rabbit.”
Also staying at Poppy’s grandparents’ home was her three-year-old brother Carson, who grandad Ray Dowding said “did not like the cold and so he did not help to make the snow family”.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 3 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 7 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 10 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
The Met Office issued a yellow weather warning for ice in Herts and Cambs between 4pm yesterday and 11am today.