Snow still around in parts of Royston and surrounding villages after late white Christmas
- Credit: Ray Dowding
Royston and the surrounding villages woke up to a late white Christmas yesterday, with snow still lingering on Therfield Heath and other areas today.
Some youngsters were so excited to be treated to another snowfall so soon after heavy snow blanketed North Herts and South Cambs 2½ weeks ago.
They included six-year-old Poppy Regan, who created a ‘snow family’ at her nana and grandad’s Royston home.
Poppy said: “I was very excited to see the snow when she woke up because it was so unexpected.
“I enjoyed Christmas so much and best of all coming to Royston to see my two cousins, Bethany, 14, and 11-year-old Isabel Turner, who live in Royston.
“My mummy Sarah helped to make the snow family. Also helping was a lovely lady who lives across the road who bought some blueberries to use as eyes for the snow family, their doggy and pet rabbit.”
Also staying at Poppy’s grandparents’ home was her three-year-old brother Carson, who grandad Ray Dowding said “did not like the cold and so he did not help to make the snow family”.
- 1 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 8 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 9 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 10 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
The Met Office issued a yellow weather warning for ice in Herts and Cambs between 4pm yesterday and 11am today.