Snow-go for fun run
SNOW caused this year s Royston Runners Royston Fun Run to be postponed on Sunday – but the event has been re-scheduled for April 20. Race director Maurice Hill said the course across Therfield Health would have been too dangerous for competitors. Our m
SNOW caused this year's Royston Runners' Royston Fun Run to be postponed on Sunday - but the event has been re-scheduled for April 20.
Race director Maurice Hill said the course across Therfield Health would have been too dangerous for competitors.
"Our members have run in worse conditions, but we didn't want to take any risks," said Mr Hill.
"There would have been a lot of people and youngsters who haven't been involved before and it would not have been right to run the event in such conditions," he said.
The postponement means that entries can still be accepted.
Entry forms are available from The Crow, Royston library, the Heath Sports Centre and V&B Trophies in Lumen Road, Royston.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 3 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 4 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 5 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 6 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 7 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 8 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 10 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
And runners will still be able to enter on the morning of the event, before the start, at 10.30am. Entries on the day will cost £3.50
Organisers are hoping again this year that more than 250 will take part.
Said Mr Hill: "It really has become a community event.