Snow-go for fun run
SNOW caused this year s Royston Runners Royston Fun Run to be postponed on Sunday – but the event has been re-scheduled for April 20. Race director Maurice Hill said the course across Therfield Health would have been too dangerous for competitors. Our m
SNOW caused this year's Royston Runners' Royston Fun Run to be postponed on Sunday - but the event has been re-scheduled for April 20.
Race director Maurice Hill said the course across Therfield Health would have been too dangerous for competitors.
"Our members have run in worse conditions, but we didn't want to take any risks," said Mr Hill.
"There would have been a lot of people and youngsters who haven't been involved before and it would not have been right to run the event in such conditions," he said.
You may also want to watch:
The postponement means that entries can still be accepted.
Entry forms are available from The Crow, Royston library, the Heath Sports Centre and V&B Trophies in Lumen Road, Royston.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
And runners will still be able to enter on the morning of the event, before the start, at 10.30am. Entries on the day will cost £3.50
Organisers are hoping again this year that more than 250 will take part.
Said Mr Hill: "It really has become a community event.