Snow-go for fun run
SNOW caused this year s Royston Runners Royston Fun Run to be postponed on Sunday – but the event has been re-scheduled for April 20. Race director Maurice Hill said the course across Therfield Health would have been too dangerous for competitors. Our m
SNOW caused this year's Royston Runners' Royston Fun Run to be postponed on Sunday - but the event has been re-scheduled for April 20.
Race director Maurice Hill said the course across Therfield Health would have been too dangerous for competitors.
"Our members have run in worse conditions, but we didn't want to take any risks," said Mr Hill.
"There would have been a lot of people and youngsters who haven't been involved before and it would not have been right to run the event in such conditions," he said.
You may also want to watch:
The postponement means that entries can still be accepted.
Entry forms are available from The Crow, Royston library, the Heath Sports Centre and V&B Trophies in Lumen Road, Royston.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
And runners will still be able to enter on the morning of the event, before the start, at 10.30am. Entries on the day will cost £3.50
Organisers are hoping again this year that more than 250 will take part.
Said Mr Hill: "It really has become a community event.