Sneak peek of flats being built on former Royston cinema site
- Credit: Archant
Homes being built on a former cinema site are nearing completion, with the developers providing a sneak peek of how some will look inside.
North Hertfordshire Homes began developing the site of the former Priory Cinema in Royston last year.
Now the social housing organisation has told the Crow the 24 homes at the junction of Newmarket Road and Priory Lane are expected to be finished in October.
The development – to be named Austin Corner – will be made up of 10 three-bedroom properties for general sale, 10 one and two-bedroom flats for social rent and four two-bedroom homes with shared ownership.
Each property has an allocated parking space.
You may also want to watch:
NHH originally bought the cinema land five years ago, but initial plans to build sheltered housing there faltered due to funding cuts.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 5 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 8 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 9 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 10 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations