Sneak peek of flats being built on former Royston cinema site
- Credit: Archant
Homes being built on a former cinema site are nearing completion, with the developers providing a sneak peek of how some will look inside.
North Hertfordshire Homes began developing the site of the former Priory Cinema in Royston last year.
Now the social housing organisation has told the Crow the 24 homes at the junction of Newmarket Road and Priory Lane are expected to be finished in October.
The development – to be named Austin Corner – will be made up of 10 three-bedroom properties for general sale, 10 one and two-bedroom flats for social rent and four two-bedroom homes with shared ownership.
Each property has an allocated parking space.
You may also want to watch:
NHH originally bought the cinema land five years ago, but initial plans to build sheltered housing there faltered due to funding cuts.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 8 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 9 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Consultation on East West Rail route opens