Sneak peek of flats being built on former Royston cinema site
- Credit: Archant
Homes being built on a former cinema site are nearing completion, with the developers providing a sneak peek of how some will look inside.
North Hertfordshire Homes began developing the site of the former Priory Cinema in Royston last year.
Now the social housing organisation has told the Crow the 24 homes at the junction of Newmarket Road and Priory Lane are expected to be finished in October.
The development – to be named Austin Corner – will be made up of 10 three-bedroom properties for general sale, 10 one and two-bedroom flats for social rent and four two-bedroom homes with shared ownership.
Each property has an allocated parking space.
You may also want to watch:
NHH originally bought the cinema land five years ago, but initial plans to build sheltered housing there faltered due to funding cuts.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 3 Royston Town edge county cup tie in seven-goal thriller with valiant Welwyn Garden City
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Stagecoach bus routes changing due to lack of staff
- 6 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 7 Save pennies and the planet - why you should go along to Sustain-Ability event
- 8 Leave us alone, MP’s junior aide tells councillor who quizzed him on Kabul
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Woman killed in A1307 lorry crash worked at Addenbrooke's Hospital