Sneak peek of flats being built on former Royston cinema site
- Credit: Archant
Homes being built on a former cinema site are nearing completion, with the developers providing a sneak peek of how some will look inside.
North Hertfordshire Homes began developing the site of the former Priory Cinema in Royston last year.
Now the social housing organisation has told the Crow the 24 homes at the junction of Newmarket Road and Priory Lane are expected to be finished in October.
The development – to be named Austin Corner – will be made up of 10 three-bedroom properties for general sale, 10 one and two-bedroom flats for social rent and four two-bedroom homes with shared ownership.
Each property has an allocated parking space.
You may also want to watch:
NHH originally bought the cinema land five years ago, but initial plans to build sheltered housing there faltered due to funding cuts.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton