Sneak peek of flats being built on former Royston cinema site
- Credit: Archant
Homes being built on a former cinema site are nearing completion, with the developers providing a sneak peek of how some will look inside.
North Hertfordshire Homes began developing the site of the former Priory Cinema in Royston last year.
Now the social housing organisation has told the Crow the 24 homes at the junction of Newmarket Road and Priory Lane are expected to be finished in October.
The development – to be named Austin Corner – will be made up of 10 three-bedroom properties for general sale, 10 one and two-bedroom flats for social rent and four two-bedroom homes with shared ownership.
Each property has an allocated parking space.
You may also want to watch:
NHH originally bought the cinema land five years ago, but initial plans to build sheltered housing there faltered due to funding cuts.
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 7 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm