A laundry business is celebrating after moving to new premises following a boom in demand. Personal ironing and laundry service Wash Me Iron Me, run by Michelle Bonfield, opened the doors of its new John Street, Royston, headquarters, offering customers c
A laundry business is celebrating after moving to new premises following a boom in demand.
Personal ironing and laundry service Wash Me Iron Me, run by Michelle Bonfield, opened the doors of its new John Street, Royston, headquarters, offering customers champagne and food.
It was originally a mobile doorstep pick-up service for people within a 15-mile radius of Royston, but Michelle felt it was time to expand the business.
She said: "We wanted to open a drop-in service in the town.
You may also want to watch:
"A lot of people don't want to be in on a Saturday doing ironing, so it's a service a lot of people use, and we offer a complete range, with a good quality of service at a good price."
"We're also a business that wants to come into the town, rather than leave it, and will be supporting the parking scheme to encourage people to shop locally."
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
Wash Me Iron Me started as a solo effort in 2003 in Barkway, and now employs eight staff, and caters for nearly 400 customers a week.
Michelle has won various business awards, most recently the Royston Business Award for Customer Service last November.
The business was also a shortlisted finalist in the 10th Annual Hertfordshire Business Awards, and won the Hertfordshire Rising Stars Business Awards in 2006, as well as figuring prominently in the Crow Business Awards in 2005.
For more information, please call 01763 246655 or visit the website: