A laundry business is celebrating after moving to new premises following a boom in demand. Personal ironing and laundry service Wash Me Iron Me, run by Michelle Bonfield, opened the doors of its new John Street, Royston, headquarters, offering customers c
A laundry business is celebrating after moving to new premises following a boom in demand.
Personal ironing and laundry service Wash Me Iron Me, run by Michelle Bonfield, opened the doors of its new John Street, Royston, headquarters, offering customers champagne and food.
It was originally a mobile doorstep pick-up service for people within a 15-mile radius of Royston, but Michelle felt it was time to expand the business.
She said: "We wanted to open a drop-in service in the town.
You may also want to watch:
"A lot of people don't want to be in on a Saturday doing ironing, so it's a service a lot of people use, and we offer a complete range, with a good quality of service at a good price."
"We're also a business that wants to come into the town, rather than leave it, and will be supporting the parking scheme to encourage people to shop locally."
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
Wash Me Iron Me started as a solo effort in 2003 in Barkway, and now employs eight staff, and caters for nearly 400 customers a week.
Michelle has won various business awards, most recently the Royston Business Award for Customer Service last November.
The business was also a shortlisted finalist in the 10th Annual Hertfordshire Business Awards, and won the Hertfordshire Rising Stars Business Awards in 2006, as well as figuring prominently in the Crow Business Awards in 2005.
For more information, please call 01763 246655 or visit the website: