Small world of Royston being created for Arts Festival
- Credit: Archant
HUNDREDS of school pupils have been given model templates to create the Small World of Royston during the Royston Arts Festival.
A large map of the town is to be projected on to the floor at Greneway School on the afternoon of Saturday 28 September, during a free event which will also feature music, dance and film.
And all residents have been invited to bring along a model of their own house to place on the map.
Festival chairman Graham Palmer said: “We want to create the small world of Royston.
“For those not so practical we have created a template which is available from the library or the museum,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
The event is free to enter but in line with the Small World theme of the festival, participants are encouraged to donate to the local charity Khandel-light to help with it’s work in the developing world.
Meanwhile, Corvus Amateur Drama Society will be opening up a shop for the festival when they perform classic musical Little Shop of Horrors at Greneway School.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 3 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 The bells are back in town!
- 5 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 6 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 7 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 8 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 9 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
Last year the group performed Return to the Forbidden Planet at the festival, and musical director Louise Atkins said: “Forbidden Planet proved that CADS could, after all, do musicals and do them pretty well. It was so well received that we really wanted to do another one for this year’s festival and felt that this was its natural successor.
Little Shop… is being performed on 25, 26 and 27 September at Meridian School, with performances starting at 7.30 p.m. Tickets are £10 (£5 for students) can be booked via the CADS website at www.cadsroyston.org.uk or by calling 07925 674967
For full details of the festival programme visit www.roystonartsfestival.org.