Sky’s the limit for Meldreth rock gig headliners
- Credit: Archant
A female-fronted heavy blues rock band is set to storm the stage at the first Melbourn Rock Club event of the year.
The gig, featuring StoneWire, Satan’s Empire and Angel Underground, will be held on Saturday at the usual spot at Eternit Sports and Social Club in Meldreth.
StoneWire’s blend of rock, blues, country and heavy metal create what has been described as ‘classic British rock with a dirty southern twist’.
The band consists of Sky Hunter on vocals, Gaz Annable and Jon Letts on guitar, Steve Briggs on bass and Rob Glasner on drums.
Critics have compared StoneWire to contemporaries such as Black Stone Cherry, The Answer, Shinedown and the Blues Pills.
You may also want to watch:
In December 2014, their debut album When The Crow Flies received glowing reviews and radio airtime on stations like Nicky Horne’s The Classic Rock Magazine Show on Team Rock Radio and the XFM Rock Show.
On the band’s website, they said: “Sky Hunter’s soaring rock vocals and gravelly blues tones are integral to our sound, but the emphasis is firmly on the word band – which sets us apart from other female-fronted groups.
- 1 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 2 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
“The band’s core is centred on a mix of voice, music and an ever energetic, ever powerful, live performance. This is reflected in the loyalty of our growing fan base who are not mistaken when they say we just have so much fun on stage.”
Joining StoneWire are Satan’s Empire, a new wave of British heavy metal band that have reformed after 30 years.
The current line-up consists of Derek Lyon on vocals, Paul Lewis and Alex Mcritchie on guitar, Wayne Hudson on bass, and Garry Bowler on drums.
Angel Underground plays powerful rock, and cites MC5, Stooges, Social Distortion, Motorhead, Danzig and The Plight as its influences.
Lead singer Amory is joined by Advian on guitar, Henry ‘The Hoover’ Wallace who plays drums and Tim Richardson on bass.
Tickets for the gig are £7 – to reserve yours call 01763 261725 or email email@example.com.
Doors open at the Whaddon Road venue at 7.30pm and the first band takes to the stage at 8.15pm.