Sky’s the limit for Meldreth rock gig headliners
- Credit: Archant
A female-fronted heavy blues rock band is set to storm the stage at the first Melbourn Rock Club event of the year.
The gig, featuring StoneWire, Satan’s Empire and Angel Underground, will be held on Saturday at the usual spot at Eternit Sports and Social Club in Meldreth.
StoneWire’s blend of rock, blues, country and heavy metal create what has been described as ‘classic British rock with a dirty southern twist’.
The band consists of Sky Hunter on vocals, Gaz Annable and Jon Letts on guitar, Steve Briggs on bass and Rob Glasner on drums.
Critics have compared StoneWire to contemporaries such as Black Stone Cherry, The Answer, Shinedown and the Blues Pills.
You may also want to watch:
In December 2014, their debut album When The Crow Flies received glowing reviews and radio airtime on stations like Nicky Horne’s The Classic Rock Magazine Show on Team Rock Radio and the XFM Rock Show.
On the band’s website, they said: “Sky Hunter’s soaring rock vocals and gravelly blues tones are integral to our sound, but the emphasis is firmly on the word band – which sets us apart from other female-fronted groups.
- 1 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 2 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 3 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 4 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
“The band’s core is centred on a mix of voice, music and an ever energetic, ever powerful, live performance. This is reflected in the loyalty of our growing fan base who are not mistaken when they say we just have so much fun on stage.”
Joining StoneWire are Satan’s Empire, a new wave of British heavy metal band that have reformed after 30 years.
The current line-up consists of Derek Lyon on vocals, Paul Lewis and Alex Mcritchie on guitar, Wayne Hudson on bass, and Garry Bowler on drums.
Angel Underground plays powerful rock, and cites MC5, Stooges, Social Distortion, Motorhead, Danzig and The Plight as its influences.
Lead singer Amory is joined by Advian on guitar, Henry ‘The Hoover’ Wallace who plays drums and Tim Richardson on bass.
Tickets for the gig are £7 – to reserve yours call 01763 261725 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Doors open at the Whaddon Road venue at 7.30pm and the first band takes to the stage at 8.15pm.