Skool’s back – and all for a good cause
It s time to dust off your school uniform and help a Melbourn woman raise funds so she can take part in a charity cycle ride. Stephanie Clifford is holding a Back to Skool Disco at Meldreth Village Hall on Saturday to raise money for Women for Women, a ch
It's time to dust off your school uniform and help a Melbourn woman raise funds so she can take part in a charity cycle ride.
Stephanie Clifford is holding a Back to Skool Disco at Meldreth Village Hall on Saturday to raise money for Women for Women, a charity set up by the Obstetrics and Gynaecology Trust to help improve the health of new mothers and babies.
She plans to join the charity's 250-mile Women for Women Cycle India ride, and must donate a minimum of £2,800 to take part.
Stephanie has already raised nearly £2,000 by holding events such as belly dancing lessons, cake sales, and baby sitting. The cut off date for entries to the race is September 13.
You may also want to watch:
"I hope that people and businesses will help me reach my target," she said.
"All money raised will help fund ground breaking medical research work at a major new research centre in London.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
"The cycle ride will take place over five days at the end of November. We will be cycling through the Rajastan region."
The entertainment at the Back to Skool disco will be provided by Edwin Rule from Goldmine Discos.
Tickets cost £7.50, available from Stephanie on 01763 220272.
For further information visit her website - www.justgiving.com/stephclifford.