Skool’s back – and all for a good cause
It s time to dust off your school uniform and help a Melbourn woman raise funds so she can take part in a charity cycle ride. Stephanie Clifford is holding a Back to Skool Disco at Meldreth Village Hall on Saturday to raise money for Women for Women, a ch
It's time to dust off your school uniform and help a Melbourn woman raise funds so she can take part in a charity cycle ride.
Stephanie Clifford is holding a Back to Skool Disco at Meldreth Village Hall on Saturday to raise money for Women for Women, a charity set up by the Obstetrics and Gynaecology Trust to help improve the health of new mothers and babies.
She plans to join the charity's 250-mile Women for Women Cycle India ride, and must donate a minimum of £2,800 to take part.
Stephanie has already raised nearly £2,000 by holding events such as belly dancing lessons, cake sales, and baby sitting. The cut off date for entries to the race is September 13.
"I hope that people and businesses will help me reach my target," she said.
"All money raised will help fund ground breaking medical research work at a major new research centre in London.
- 1 Tesco Community Garden to hold weekend celebration
- 2 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 3 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 4 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 5 Health at the Hub project launched in Melbourn
- 6 Kite Festival set to return to Royston next month
- 7 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 8 Cambridge Summer Music Festival 2022 brings world-class classical performers to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Chief of staff Steve Barclay replaces Sajid Javid as health secretary
- 10 Citizens Advice: What to do if you have issues with delayed or cancelled flights
"The cycle ride will take place over five days at the end of November. We will be cycling through the Rajastan region."
The entertainment at the Back to Skool disco will be provided by Edwin Rule from Goldmine Discos.
Tickets cost £7.50, available from Stephanie on 01763 220272.
For further information visit her website - www.justgiving.com/stephclifford.