Sisters' cycle ride to say thanks
TWO sisters are set to cycle from London to Cambridge next month to raise money for Addenbrooke s Hospital. Ruth Stapleton, 26, of Orwell Road, Barrington, and sister Jane, 24, who now lives in London, have already raised £345 ahead of the 50-mile ride on
TWO sisters are set to cycle from London to Cambridge next month to raise money for Addenbrooke's Hospital.
Ruth Stapleton, 26, of Orwell Road, Barrington, and sister Jane, 24, who now lives in London, have already raised £345 ahead of the 50-mile ride on Sunday, July 27.
And in the next month they hope the total will surpass £1,000.
The money raised will be donated to the hospital's neuro critical care unit (NCCU), where the Stapletons' mother Mary spent two weeks after a serious cycling accident in May 2005.
You may also want to watch:
Mary, who is now 60 and has made a full recovery, was found unconscious in the road between Barrington and Orwell.
Ruth said: "I don't think she would be here today if it were not for the care she received.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 3 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
"The nurses and doctors who looked after her were amazing, and it is about time we raised some money for them."
The NCCU provides 24-hour care for patients with acute brain injuries.
The unit has 21 critical-care beds, and looks after about 450 patients each year, at a cost of up to £9,000 a day.
To make a donation visit the website www.justgiving.com/ruthandjane.