Sisters' cycle ride to say thanks
TWO sisters are set to cycle from London to Cambridge next month to raise money for Addenbrooke s Hospital. Ruth Stapleton, 26, of Orwell Road, Barrington, and sister Jane, 24, who now lives in London, have already raised £345 ahead of the 50-mile ride on
TWO sisters are set to cycle from London to Cambridge next month to raise money for Addenbrooke's Hospital.
Ruth Stapleton, 26, of Orwell Road, Barrington, and sister Jane, 24, who now lives in London, have already raised £345 ahead of the 50-mile ride on Sunday, July 27.
And in the next month they hope the total will surpass £1,000.
The money raised will be donated to the hospital's neuro critical care unit (NCCU), where the Stapletons' mother Mary spent two weeks after a serious cycling accident in May 2005.
You may also want to watch:
Mary, who is now 60 and has made a full recovery, was found unconscious in the road between Barrington and Orwell.
Ruth said: "I don't think she would be here today if it were not for the care she received.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 8 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
"The nurses and doctors who looked after her were amazing, and it is about time we raised some money for them."
The NCCU provides 24-hour care for patients with acute brain injuries.
The unit has 21 critical-care beds, and looks after about 450 patients each year, at a cost of up to £9,000 a day.
To make a donation visit the website www.justgiving.com/ruthandjane.