Single mum says thanks for �50 gift
A TEAM of tree surgeons have given a single mum an early Christmas present by refunding money that was stolen from her. As reported in last week s Crow, the woman had �20 stolen when she turned away from cash point at Royston Tesco to chat to a friend. St
A TEAM of tree surgeons have given a single mum an early Christmas present by refunding money that was stolen from her.
As reported in last week's Crow, the woman had �20 stolen when she turned away from cash point at Royston Tesco to chat to a friend.
Staff at Shire Tree Surgery, a business based in Worcester Way, Melbourn, read about the incident and decided to have a whip round, raising �50 which was given to the woman this week.
A spokesman for Shire Tree Surgery said: "It's a bit of a rotten thing for someone to do, so when we read what had happened we thought we'd have a collection.
You may also want to watch:
"Even thought it might not be a lot of money to some people, it was obvious that the money meant a lot to her because she'd been moved to write in.
"All the lads have chipped in and we managed to get �50 together," he said.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 6 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 7 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 8 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 9 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'
- 10 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
The mum of one, whose daughter has learning difficulties, said: "I can't believe they have done that. It's a really lovely gesture, and I'm very grateful."
The theft took place outside Royston Tesco at around 9pm on November 21, when the woman was withdrawing �20 in cash and turned round to talk to a friend.
Closed circuit television footage of the incident was unable to help identify the offender.