Royston community group granted handy sum for computer costs
- Credit: Archant
A community group from Royston has a received a cash boost of £400 from North Hertfordshire District Council.
The Singing Kettle Group was set up in April 2018, caters for all ages and encourages both young and old to meet up, socialise and chat over coffee.
Toys and craft activities are on hand to keep youngest members of the group entertained and activities such as poetry reading are held to entertain older members.
The group, which regularly meets at the Coombes Community Centre in Burns Road, was awarded £400 towards the purchase of a computer and website software. The grant will also assist with publicity costs.
Councillor Tony Hunter, chairman of NHDC’s Royston and District Area Committee – which awarded the sum on Wednesday – said: “We are delighted to support projects like the Singing Kettle Group which bring together different sectors of the community to meet and share common interests. Groups like this help to keep the community spirit alive and we wish it great success, for now and the future.”
You may also want to watch:
Lisa Marshall, secretary of the Singing Kettle Group said, “We are delighted to hear of our success with our application for a grant from NHDC. We invite all to a relaxed, friendly environment, and a cuppa and a piece of cake...or two!”
To find out more about NHDC’s area committee grants go to https://www.north-herts.gov.uk/home/community/grants/area-committee-grants
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 3 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 4 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 10 Stunning snap causes stir online