Signs are - you won't get there!
MOTORISTS in Royston got a shock when they noticed a road sign directing them along the A10 – to Hereford. The sign, in Market Hill, Royston, should read Hertford, but a blunder by Hertfordshire Highways has instead seen it pointing to the town of Herefo
MOTORISTS in Royston got a shock when they noticed a road sign directing them along the A10 - to Hereford.
The sign, in Market Hill, Royston, should read Hertford, but a blunder by Hertfordshire Highways has instead seen it pointing to the town of Hereford, 163 miles away.
The mistake was spotted by several eagle-eyed people, including Royston town crier Graham Pfaff, right.
A spokesman for Hertfordshire County Council said: "This is clearly an error and we are unsure how and why it has occurred.
You may also want to watch:
"Now that it has been brought to our attention we will take the appropriate action as soon as we can.
"Obviously we apologise for this mistake and hope it hasn't caused anyone too much inconvenience or confusion," he said.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 6 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 7 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 8 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 9 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 10 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town