Signs are - you won't get there!
MOTORISTS in Royston got a shock when they noticed a road sign directing them along the A10 – to Hereford. The sign, in Market Hill, Royston, should read Hertford, but a blunder by Hertfordshire Highways has instead seen it pointing to the town of Herefo
MOTORISTS in Royston got a shock when they noticed a road sign directing them along the A10 - to Hereford.
The sign, in Market Hill, Royston, should read Hertford, but a blunder by Hertfordshire Highways has instead seen it pointing to the town of Hereford, 163 miles away.
The mistake was spotted by several eagle-eyed people, including Royston town crier Graham Pfaff, right.
A spokesman for Hertfordshire County Council said: "This is clearly an error and we are unsure how and why it has occurred.
You may also want to watch:
"Now that it has been brought to our attention we will take the appropriate action as soon as we can.
"Obviously we apologise for this mistake and hope it hasn't caused anyone too much inconvenience or confusion," he said.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Chocks away! Phillips and Nunn bag Spitfire Salver at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob