Sign up - at the double
A DOUBLE-decker bus will be arriving in Royston on Wednesday with the aim of seeing an increase in volunteering. The Volunteering in Herts promotional bus will be in Market Hill during the morning and will then be in the Royston Leisure Centre car park in
A DOUBLE-decker bus will be arriving in Royston on Wednesday with the aim of seeing an increase in volunteering.
The Volunteering in Herts promotional bus will be in Market Hill during the morning and will then be in the Royston Leisure Centre car park in the afternoon.
The bus will be loaded with details about volunteering opportunities in Royston and the surrounding area and will have links to Royston and District Volunteer Centre.
Staff from the centre and volunteer co-ordinators from a number of registered organisations will be on board to give advice to potential volunteers.
Volunteer centre manager Denise Graham said: "It will be a chance to show people what we have on offer at the centre both to volunteers and organisations in terms of support and training."
Denise is keen to meet representatives from sports clubs with volunteer vacancies so that the centre can help with promotion.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 5 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 6 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 10 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
The visit of the bus is part of this year's Volunteers Week 2006.
There will be a lot of giveaways on the bus and the opportunity to win a LCD television and iPods.
- For more details on the Royston and District Volunteer Centre call Denise Graham on 01763 243020 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org