Showtime is blaze of colour
COLOURFUL blooms and delicious treats were on display at Fowlmere and Thriplow s annual show on Saturday. The 44th show was held by the villages gardening club and saw members of the public exhibit fruit and vegetables, flowers, cakes and handicraft. Cha
COLOURFUL blooms and delicious treats were on display at Fowlmere and Thriplow's annual show on Saturday.
The 44th show was held by the villages' gardening club and saw members of the public exhibit fruit and vegetables, flowers, cakes and handicraft.
Chairman of the club, Peter Lake said: "Exhibitors showed that their super exhibits had braved the drought, weathered the storms and emerged refreshed with the September sun."
There was also a tombola, trade stalls, and a raffle in aid of Perennial, The Gardener's Royal Benevolent Society.
Prize winners included Judy Chamberlain who won the best vegetable category, Mary Duff who won the most outstanding exhibit category for the stool she embroidered, and Jennifer Brew, who won the prestigious Farley Cup for the most outstanding exhibit in show - her fuchsia pot plant.
24 children also entered the competition and as a result there were a range of exhibits ranging from Lego models to fruit made into the shapes of animals.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 6 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 7 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
Olivia Turner won the top award for her garden, complete with tent for summer camping.
Next year's show will take place on September 8.
Club meetings will start on October 5 at 7.30pm on the first Thursday of every month at Fowlmere Village Hall.
For more information call Mr Lake on 01763 208371 or Mary Duff, vice chair, on 01763 208479.