Showjumper Adele is a shining star
- Credit: Archant
A TALENTED show jumper from Crow country has set her sights on the Olympic games after winning a prestigious award.
Adele Rand, 13, has picked up British Showjumping’s NAF Shining Star prize, which is given to the country’s top young showjumpers.
The Chrishall teenager, who is a member of the Essex Junior Academy, was handed the prize for the dedication she has shown to her showjumping, and for the helpful attitude she has shown to others.
Geraldine Rand, Adele’s mother, said: “It’s something she’s always wanted to do since she was a little girl. It’s funny really because we’re not a horsey family at all, but it’s always been her passion.
“It’s a big commitment because we don’t have grooms or stable staff– she has to do all the cleaning and caring for the horse herself.
You may also want to watch:
“She’s doing so well and it’s great to see her progress and get this award. I know she’d like to take her showjumping all the way and go to the Olympics, but we’ll have to see what happens in the next few years.”
In the short-term, Adele has set her sights on moving up a class before the end of the year.
- 1 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 2 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 10 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
She said: “My plan for the rest of 2013 is to do my best and try to qualify for the British Novice, Discovery second rounds.”
Annette Lewis, Lead Coach at the Essex Junior Academy, nominated Adele for the award.
She said “Adele is a dedicated and hardworking active member of the British Showjumping Essex Junior Academy.
“Adele’s optimistic and inspiring positive attitude clearly identifies why she has been awarded the August Shining Star Award. Congratulations and well deserved Adele.”