Shock at ‘poor’ road resurfacing
- Credit: Archant
A road resurfaced by council contractors has been left in a “surprisingly poor condition” according to a resident.
Marc Sims, of Queens Road, Royston, contacted the Crow after work was carried out on Clark Road earlier this month.
Though the road has been resurfaced, the top surface remains covered in loose tarmac, and double yellow lines have yet to be repainted.
The road has been left in this state for six days, with no indication if or when further work will be carried out.
He said: “As a resident of Queens Road who has to use the parking spaces in this road, and has been mucked about with changes to the commencement dates of works, I was amazed at the surprisingly poor condition of its resurface.
You may also want to watch:
“It honestly looks like someone has done it using one of those planes used to combat forest fires.
“As a local builder, I’m pretty shocked to see public works done like that, if we had done works to that standard privately we would not be paid.”
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
Mr Sims added that the start of the road works had been delayed on three occasions at short notice.
The work has been carried out on behalf of Hertfordshire County Council.
A spokesman for the county council said: “The work which has been carried out so far is preparatory.
“Our contractors will be returning to resurface the road in the near future.”
Do you live nearby? What do you think of the resurfacing? Email firstname.lastname@example.org