Shiver-me-timbers! Youngsters invited to Landlubbers Holiday Club in Melbourn
- Credit: Archant
Ahoy shipmates! The summer holiday club at a Melbourn church is almost ready to set sail.
Melbourn Baptist Church will host the pirate-themed summer activity sessions for youngsters aged five to 11.
They will be be able to search for the buried treasure at the church, where the entertainment will also involve sea shanties, rations from the galley, games, Bible stories, and crafts.
Baptist minister Rev Stuart Clarke is excited about the club.
He said: “We are really looking forward to turning the church into a desert island, complete with a palm trees and a shipwreck, ready for a week of action-packed activities.”
You may also want to watch:
So if you want your children to join the crew from Tuesday to Friday next week between 10am to 12.30pm, check out the website www.melbourn-baptist.org.uk/holidayclub – just make sure they don’t walk the plank!
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 4 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire