Shiver-me-timbers! Youngsters invited to Landlubbers Holiday Club in Melbourn
- Credit: Archant
Ahoy shipmates! The summer holiday club at a Melbourn church is almost ready to set sail.
Melbourn Baptist Church will host the pirate-themed summer activity sessions for youngsters aged five to 11.
They will be be able to search for the buried treasure at the church, where the entertainment will also involve sea shanties, rations from the galley, games, Bible stories, and crafts.
Baptist minister Rev Stuart Clarke is excited about the club.
He said: “We are really looking forward to turning the church into a desert island, complete with a palm trees and a shipwreck, ready for a week of action-packed activities.”
You may also want to watch:
So if you want your children to join the crew from Tuesday to Friday next week between 10am to 12.30pm, check out the website www.melbourn-baptist.org.uk/holidayclub – just make sure they don’t walk the plank!
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 6 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 10 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant