Shiver-me-timbers! Youngsters invited to Landlubbers Holiday Club in Melbourn
- Credit: Archant
Ahoy shipmates! The summer holiday club at a Melbourn church is almost ready to set sail.
Melbourn Baptist Church will host the pirate-themed summer activity sessions for youngsters aged five to 11.
They will be be able to search for the buried treasure at the church, where the entertainment will also involve sea shanties, rations from the galley, games, Bible stories, and crafts.
Baptist minister Rev Stuart Clarke is excited about the club.
He said: “We are really looking forward to turning the church into a desert island, complete with a palm trees and a shipwreck, ready for a week of action-packed activities.”
You may also want to watch:
So if you want your children to join the crew from Tuesday to Friday next week between 10am to 12.30pm, check out the website www.melbourn-baptist.org.uk/holidayclub – just make sure they don’t walk the plank!
- 1 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 4 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?