Shepreth Wildlife Park to throw birthday celebration for resident tiger Amba
- Credit: Archant
Shepreth’s resident tiger is celebrating her 19th birthday tomorrow, and her keepers hope crowds will flock to the village to help her make it a roaring success.
Shepreth Wildlife Park has hosted the Tiger Day for the last 13 years – and the event has helped to raise almost £60,000 for a conservation charity.
Amba is the last remaining tiger at the park, after beloved Rana was put down in May due to ill health.
Park director Rebecca Willers said: “Come and join us on Friday, and help us to help save the few remaining tigers left in the wild.
“All funds raised from the on Friday will go to the Tiger Protection and Conservation Unit based in Sumatra.”
You may also want to watch:
Special guests on the day include the Young Actors Company who are set to wow with their tiger performance, as well as Anton Wright, from reality TV show Eden, who will brave Amba’s enclosure from 2pm.
The Cambridge Cats Protection will be on hand to tell everyone all about felines – and there will also be face painting, tiger balloons, cakes, raffles, tiger tombolas, auctions, a bouncy castle, magic show, and arts and crafts.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
Music from jazz swing band Djangophonix will provide the soundtrack to the day.
The park opens at 10am. To find out more see sheprethwildlifepark.co.uk.