Shepreth recieves timely donation
SHEPRETH Wildlife Park has received a financial boost from an unusual source.
Biker group Tiger MCC have donated �700 to the park, which has been struggling economically recently and has had to make redundancies, to go towards conservation work.
Rebecca Willers, animal manager at the park said “We were absolutely delighted to meet Alayne and her colleagues, and so touched they have put this money towards saving tigers.”
Shepreth’s financial difficulties came during the recent cold weather, but the park has since received “overwhelming support” from the public, according to Miss Willers.
Alayne Rolt from the Tiger MCC said: “We want to give �500 towards work being carried out in the wild to help save tigers and the other �200 to help Shepreth care for their own tigers, Amba and Rana.”
You may also want to watch:
Shepreth have also launched a new Family Discount Card scheme, making it easier for people to visit.
Meanwhile, more good news for the park came when 8-year-old Libby Taylor revealed she was to start fundraising for the 1km Tiger Swim in March.
- 1 Road closed after 'serious' crash on A10
- 2 'FOI request refusal leaves residents in darkness'
- 3 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 4 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 6 How effective is gritting roads in lockdown?
- 7 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 8 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 9 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 10 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
Miss Willers said: “It was great to hear about Libby’s swim in the same week as the donation.
“We have devoted a lot of time as a Wildlife Park into raising both funds and awareness for the plight of the tiger, so to know this is inspiring others to want to do the same is very rewarding indeed.”
For more Information and to support Libby’s swim, please visit www.justgiving.com/Libby-Taylor.