Shepreth recieves timely donation
SHEPRETH Wildlife Park has received a financial boost from an unusual source.
Biker group Tiger MCC have donated �700 to the park, which has been struggling economically recently and has had to make redundancies, to go towards conservation work.
Rebecca Willers, animal manager at the park said “We were absolutely delighted to meet Alayne and her colleagues, and so touched they have put this money towards saving tigers.”
Shepreth’s financial difficulties came during the recent cold weather, but the park has since received “overwhelming support” from the public, according to Miss Willers.
Alayne Rolt from the Tiger MCC said: “We want to give �500 towards work being carried out in the wild to help save tigers and the other �200 to help Shepreth care for their own tigers, Amba and Rana.”
Shepreth have also launched a new Family Discount Card scheme, making it easier for people to visit.
Meanwhile, more good news for the park came when 8-year-old Libby Taylor revealed she was to start fundraising for the 1km Tiger Swim in March.
- 1 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 4 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 8 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 9 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 10 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
Miss Willers said: “It was great to hear about Libby’s swim in the same week as the donation.
“We have devoted a lot of time as a Wildlife Park into raising both funds and awareness for the plight of the tiger, so to know this is inspiring others to want to do the same is very rewarding indeed.”
For more Information and to support Libby’s swim, please visit www.justgiving.com/Libby-Taylor.