Shepreth recieves timely donation
SHEPRETH Wildlife Park has received a financial boost from an unusual source.
Biker group Tiger MCC have donated �700 to the park, which has been struggling economically recently and has had to make redundancies, to go towards conservation work.
Rebecca Willers, animal manager at the park said “We were absolutely delighted to meet Alayne and her colleagues, and so touched they have put this money towards saving tigers.”
Shepreth’s financial difficulties came during the recent cold weather, but the park has since received “overwhelming support” from the public, according to Miss Willers.
Alayne Rolt from the Tiger MCC said: “We want to give �500 towards work being carried out in the wild to help save tigers and the other �200 to help Shepreth care for their own tigers, Amba and Rana.”
You may also want to watch:
Shepreth have also launched a new Family Discount Card scheme, making it easier for people to visit.
Meanwhile, more good news for the park came when 8-year-old Libby Taylor revealed she was to start fundraising for the 1km Tiger Swim in March.
- 1 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 2 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 3 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Stunning snap causes stir online
Miss Willers said: “It was great to hear about Libby’s swim in the same week as the donation.
“We have devoted a lot of time as a Wildlife Park into raising both funds and awareness for the plight of the tiger, so to know this is inspiring others to want to do the same is very rewarding indeed.”
For more Information and to support Libby’s swim, please visit www.justgiving.com/Libby-Taylor.