‘She dedicated her life to helping others’ – Family of Joy Harrild pay tribute after fatal A505 crash at Flint Cross between Royston and Duxford
- Credit: Archant
The family of a 26-year-old Royston woman who died in a three-car crash on the A505 at Flint Cross on Tuesday have paid tribute to her, saying she was the ‘brightest and kindest of us all’.
Joy Harrild, of Hunters Mews in Dog Kennel Lane, was travelling along the A505 between Royston and Duxford in her black Ford Ka at about 9.30am when it was in collision with two other cars. Sadly Joy died at the scene.
In a statement, Cambridge dentist Joy’s family said: “Joy was the brightest and kindest of us all. We are incredibly proud of the person she was and all that she achieved.
“An avid lover of the outdoors and baker of every birthday cake, Joy dedicated her life to helping others.
“She was passionate about her work and was at the heart of our family. We will miss her every day and will never forget the love she gave us all.”
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the Audi TT, a 52-year-old man, suffered serious but not life-threatening injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
The 21-year-old woman at the wheel of the third car, another Ford Ka, was not seriously hurt.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services
A 70-year-old woman driving a silver Vauxhall Zafira was hit by debris from the crash.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Forensic Collision Investigation Unit on 101.