Shadow board tenants election to be re-run
SOUTH Cambs District Council (SCDC) is to re-run an election for tenant members of the new local housing association s shadow board. Cllr Simon Edwards said: It has become apparent that through an administrative error, some voting papers have been sent o
SOUTH Cambs District Council (SCDC) is to re-run an election for tenant members of the new local housing association's shadow board.
Cllr Simon Edwards said: "It has become apparent that through an administrative error, some voting papers have been sent out to a number of people who are no longer tenants of the council, either because they have moved away, given up their tenancy or have passed away.
"We apologise in particular to the relatives of those people for any distress this has caused, and to tenants in general for this inconvenience.
"Any election we conduct must be a robust and credible process, and so we have taken the decision to re-run the election."
You may also want to watch:
SCDC confirmed that it had contacted all the candidates, and that voting papers would be re-issued with a closing date of August 6.
The results are expected to be announced on August 8.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?