Shadow board tenants election to be re-run
SOUTH Cambs District Council (SCDC) is to re-run an election for tenant members of the new local housing association s shadow board. Cllr Simon Edwards said: It has become apparent that through an administrative error, some voting papers have been sent o
SOUTH Cambs District Council (SCDC) is to re-run an election for tenant members of the new local housing association's shadow board.
Cllr Simon Edwards said: "It has become apparent that through an administrative error, some voting papers have been sent out to a number of people who are no longer tenants of the council, either because they have moved away, given up their tenancy or have passed away.
"We apologise in particular to the relatives of those people for any distress this has caused, and to tenants in general for this inconvenience.
"Any election we conduct must be a robust and credible process, and so we have taken the decision to re-run the election."
You may also want to watch:
SCDC confirmed that it had contacted all the candidates, and that voting papers would be re-issued with a closing date of August 6.
The results are expected to be announced on August 8.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms