Severed leg discovered on farmland
POLICE have launched a major investigation after the discovery of a man s left leg on farmland next to the A507 at Cottered.The area has been cordoned off while officers continue to examine the scene.The investigation is being dealt with by officers fro
POLICE have launched a major investigation after the discovery of a man's left leg on farmland next to the A507 at Cottered.
The area has been cordoned off while officers continue to examine the scene.
The investigation is being dealt with by officers from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit.
"A post mortem on the leg will be carried out later today," said a Herts police spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
Police say they were alerted to the remains by a local resident yesterday (Sunday) afternoon at 4.45pm and work on trying to identity the individual is in its very early stages.
If anyone has any information on this incident, please contact the incident room on 01707 354432 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 5 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 6 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 What can open on April 12 when lockdown rules ease?
Meanwhile the A507 between Baldock and Buntingford remains closed to heavy vehicles and a stretch of the carriageway between Cumberlow Green and Cottered is closed to all vehicles, with local diversions in place.
The A507 is likely to remain closed for some time and drivers are being advised to avoid the area as delays are likely.