Severed leg discovered on farmland
POLICE have launched a major investigation after the discovery of a man s left leg on farmland next to the A507 at Cottered.The area has been cordoned off while officers continue to examine the scene.The investigation is being dealt with by officers fro
POLICE have launched a major investigation after the discovery of a man's left leg on farmland next to the A507 at Cottered.
The area has been cordoned off while officers continue to examine the scene.
The investigation is being dealt with by officers from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit.
"A post mortem on the leg will be carried out later today," said a Herts police spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
Police say they were alerted to the remains by a local resident yesterday (Sunday) afternoon at 4.45pm and work on trying to identity the individual is in its very early stages.
If anyone has any information on this incident, please contact the incident room on 01707 354432 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 7 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 10 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
Meanwhile the A507 between Baldock and Buntingford remains closed to heavy vehicles and a stretch of the carriageway between Cumberlow Green and Cottered is closed to all vehicles, with local diversions in place.
The A507 is likely to remain closed for some time and drivers are being advised to avoid the area as delays are likely.