Severed leg discovered on farmland
POLICE have launched a major investigation after the discovery of a man s left leg on farmland next to the A507 at Cottered.The area has been cordoned off while officers continue to examine the scene.The investigation is being dealt with by officers fro
POLICE have launched a major investigation after the discovery of a man's left leg on farmland next to the A507 at Cottered.
The area has been cordoned off while officers continue to examine the scene.
The investigation is being dealt with by officers from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit.
"A post mortem on the leg will be carried out later today," said a Herts police spokesman.
Police say they were alerted to the remains by a local resident yesterday (Sunday) afternoon at 4.45pm and work on trying to identity the individual is in its very early stages.
If anyone has any information on this incident, please contact the incident room on 01707 354432 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 2 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 5 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 6 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 7 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 8 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 9 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 10 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
Meanwhile the A507 between Baldock and Buntingford remains closed to heavy vehicles and a stretch of the carriageway between Cumberlow Green and Cottered is closed to all vehicles, with local diversions in place.
The A507 is likely to remain closed for some time and drivers are being advised to avoid the area as delays are likely.