Severed leg discovered on farmland
POLICE have launched a major investigation after the discovery of a man s left leg on farmland next to the A507 at Cottered.The area has been cordoned off while officers continue to examine the scene.The investigation is being dealt with by officers fro
POLICE have launched a major investigation after the discovery of a man's left leg on farmland next to the A507 at Cottered.
The area has been cordoned off while officers continue to examine the scene.
The investigation is being dealt with by officers from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit.
"A post mortem on the leg will be carried out later today," said a Herts police spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
Police say they were alerted to the remains by a local resident yesterday (Sunday) afternoon at 4.45pm and work on trying to identity the individual is in its very early stages.
If anyone has any information on this incident, please contact the incident room on 01707 354432 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 2 Extremely concerning incidents reported in Kneesworth House Hospital documentary
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 9 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 10 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
Meanwhile the A507 between Baldock and Buntingford remains closed to heavy vehicles and a stretch of the carriageway between Cumberlow Green and Cottered is closed to all vehicles, with local diversions in place.
The A507 is likely to remain closed for some time and drivers are being advised to avoid the area as delays are likely.